Should I create a Timeshift snapshot?

^ I also have no issue doing this as well.

2 Likes

One of the problems with timeshift is that the functionality is different for rsync and btrfs snapshots which makes things confusing.

1 Like

With ext4 and rsync, Timeshift works very well. I’ve never tried it with btrfs.

1 Like

I too like timeshift. I mean granted snapper is probably better choice from what I read on forum posts. But timeshift is beginner friendly setup. Just purely for root vol recovery as data is on cloud and fast download/web accessible. But yea I wouldn’t use Timeshift for data backup.

Worst case EOS excellent 7-8 min install and further 5 mins pacman and yay copy and paste long packages command. Reinstallation is a joy in itself.

ok thanks . i meant is it possible like Acronis does on windows. i tested it and good choice is Timeshift.

what does mean FUD?

1 Like

I am not no one from listed :smiley:

Well, you awoke a 3 month old inactive thread to post a criticism of Timeshift which is not even true. Sounds pretty FUD to me.

Just saying…

1 Like

:point_up_2:t5:

i asked that coz that was my first touch to it and was not familiar. also there was written not supported to it.

One thing that I have learnt on internet forums is that some of the comments and reactions you might get are pretty inconsequential :innocent: