Share your firefox user.js

I have been tuning my firefox 96, and now it seems pretty good for my personal usage, but I’m curious about how you guys are tuning yours, do you mind sharing your custom user.js file?

user.js in Gnome/Wayland with vaapi hardware acceleration, cache to RAM
// Hardware acceleration
user_pref("media.ffmpeg.vaapi.enabled",true);
user_pref("media.rdd-ffmpeg.enabled",true);
// Wayland performance optimization
user_pref("gfx.webrender.compositor.force-enabled", true);
// Cache optimization to avoid disk write
user_pref("browser.cache.disk.enable", false);
user_pref("browser.cache.memory.capacity", 8388608);
user_pref("browser.sessionstore.interval", 1800000);

My concerns are mostly related to privacy so I am using arkenfox’s user.js

3 Likes

Never heard about arkenfox’s user.js, I’ll take a look at it right now, let me make a coffee first :coffee:

1 Like

arkenfox’s user.js

:heavy_plus_sign: :one:

There is also:

though I haven’t tested it that much to provide any meaningful insight about it.

1 Like

Just finished configuring it…

Actions taken

1 - renamed my original user.js to user-overrides.js (to get my custom changes)
2 - deleted my prefs.js
3 - restored my original prefs.js (before any changes), next time I’ll backup the entire folder as they suggest.
4 - ran the updater.sh
5 - applied all suggestions to my ublockerorigin
6 - Changed my cookie settings to allow for some websites.

And now, I’m testing it… First thing I noticed is the screen size, it seems they changed the resolution somehow to avoid detection by fingerprinting my browser.
Also noticed that now my Firefox is asking for the webpages in English, also to avoid detection…
So far, I’m liking it a lot =)

1 Like

If there is anything in arkenfox that is too strict for your liking you can override it in user-overrides.js. The github page offers some suggestions for things that are commonly overridden.

1 Like

Thanks @pebcak, I’ll read everything from pyllyukko too, but its lunch time, and later I have a few things to do…
Thanks @dalto, I’ll be tuning my user-overrides.js accordingly.
So now, I have a lot of privacy features, hardware acceleration vp9, av1 and etc… I’m flying baby :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes