Share Your Desktop

Still in a VM for me, but I’ll be taking the full install plunge before long. Cinnamon with just some basic stuff. Had a few more desklets, but the latest version broke them, so waiting for updates. I like things nice and clean, so I’m enjoying the basics. ttt

3 Likes

Do you have a link to this wallpaper?

It’s somewhere off of this site. https://wallhaven.cc/

SO, found this wallpaper and therefore went full in on Nord Color Scheme.
I have not yet decided between Frostblue2 or AuroraGreen folders…

Screenshot from 2020-05-16 19-23-49 Screenshot from 2020-05-16 19-24-25Screenshot from 2020-05-16 19-28-44

9 Likes

Maybe try orange folders that complement the orange elements of that wallpaper? The green is nice as it pulls in the green of the wallpaper but there is much more orange.

3 Likes

Thanks! That works nicely!

Screenshot from 2020-05-16 20-18-43

6 Likes

I really like the combination Nord scheme.

1 Like

This guy has made a hell of a job. He maintains two full adapta “forks”, one with Nordic colors, one with bright colors… plus icon variants for papirus etc…

1 Like

Bildschirmfoto_2020-05-16_21-53-24

8 Likes

This is the part where you share the wallpaper :hugs:

2 Likes
1 Like

How do you get the Nord icons installed on Cinnamon?

You have to run the .sh file in bash, in sudo. So if your shell of choice isn’t bash, run…

sudo bash Install.sh

…while standing in the unpacked folder.

Same goes for if you download the “master” file for all the themes, then you get an Install.sh file to run.

I see the wallpaper is from wallhaven but the Icons you have to downloads them from somewhere else?

That’s the link I linked to earlier:

2 Likes

For some reason it’s not installing. Maybe I’m not downloading the right file? Or I’m just not doing this right? I see a number of different items. Is it the full Icon Themes? I think i’m bash illiterate!

Edit: I found the papirus-nordic theme on Pamac
Not sure if it’s exactly the same.

img-2020-05-17-084015

6 Likes

The Lockdown goes on too long… and probably not long enough in the end. However, we had a day warm enough to shut off the heat, open the windows, and go outside for a read and a smoke break. I guess that counts as festivities these days - so here’s a more festive look - more cores, more clocks, more colour!

IF that wasn’t enough, it is also @joekamprad 's birthday - so here it is:
Imgur

6 Likes

His file is just a color script. It installs a command so you can change the color of the folders in the terminal.

share my sddm :slight_smile:

5 Likes