Share Your Desktop

Xfce? :thinking:

1 Like

a6300-Ashley-Nikon-Sony-sonya6300-flickrfriday-650981-wallhere.com

7 Likes

Exactly!

1 Like

Linux? Never heard of it :wink: I do really dig this aesthetic though, the 2013-era stuff feels so nice. Also using compiz, what a blast. we need eos compiz ce :wink:

4 Likes

If you miss compiz, check out wayfire. :fire:

1 Like

Nah. Wayfire is really really cool but Iā€™m not a fan of wayland in general, although I think it is slowly improving, right now for my use cases X11 just works much better. Also compiz works fine for me at the moment. Thanks for the suggestion though! Compiz development is like openbox: nonexistent but if it works donā€™t fix it :wink:

Easy enough - it gets on well with xfceā€¦ :grin:

1 Like

What dock and top pane are you using? This is Xfce right? So you replaced the window manager with compiz if Iā€™m not wrong.

1 Like

wallpaper pls - if u dont mindā€¦?? :open_mouth:

@anon12581665 has left the building :wink:

1 Like

maybe or maybe not :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Yep, itā€™s compiz the window manager with xfce4-panel and plank.

1 Like

On my littlebeast something completely different, itā€™s on the green side :smile:
Screenshot_20220118_201325

10 Likes

Good that it is green (:frog:) but I was expecting a distro named Monty at the very leastā€¦
:duck:

Raspberry Pi 4b - 8GB RAM - 64 Bit OS - Plasma - USB SSD Samsung T7 500GB
SDDM image
sddm

Splash screen ( appears between sddm log-in and the desktop)

Splash

Desktop

desktop

Neofetch
neofetch

Kind of an eclectic assortment of images, but it suits me.

Pudge

14 Likes

will try when my new pi turn up .

3 Likes

Ever troed libanimation withgnome and extention?

It provides wobbly windows, but thereā€™s a lot more that compiz can do, both fancy stuff and actually quite useful stuff (for example being able to on the fly invert colors in any window, or in the whole screen). Also I just donā€™t like gnome at all :wink: If I want a compositing wm Iā€™ll probably use compiz or kwin, otherwise of course worm :worm:

1 Like

jake

7 Likes