Share Your Desktop

Thanks! Wish I could remember where I found it lol

19 Likes

Ha, Iā€™m always doing that :laughing:

SweSG to the rescue, thanks mate :clap:

2 Likes

I like that kind of wallpapers myself. So when I saw @sothis6881 screenshot, I went out on the big web and searched :smiley:

2 Likes

Great colours. Iā€™m getting in to light global themes these days and wallpapers like this look amazing.

2 Likes

A lot of very nice Desktops! Interesting for me to see, that there is almost no one using Conky anymore.

2 Likes

Groguuuuuuuuu :green_heart:
Screenshot_20210704_200132
Screenshot_20210704_200214

13 Likes

You have a similar taste to me. here is an old screenshot from me. I have to have a panel/dock on the left side.

Archlinux-Xfce-04

However, I posted it a long time ago here.

This has not been posted before here. But from the same time I played with it.

Archlinux-Xfce-02

5 Likes

I just never seem to really have my desktop up. Any effort beyond a simple wallpaper seems unnecessary these days to me.

After years of the blandness of Windoze the customization in KDE is still novel to me hehe

2 Likes

Very nice. Yes I love a dock on the left, just seems to work for me :smiley:

1 Like

I remember installing Windows 10 a few months ago for the first time and having to contact the Windows support because I was trying to find some setting. I had like two or three very basic settings I wanted to adjust that literally every Linux distro can do easily. They said all of them were completely unsupported and that I would have to use a third party software for all of them. When I asked which one they suggested they said they donā€™t have any suggestions and donā€™t support or condone any third party software. I donā€™t know how people live with it everyday.

5 Likes

Well, I finally found the setup that suite me well, KDE + Krohnkite. Tiling experience without all the headache. :yum: (I still love you tho, i3wm <3)

Screenshot_20210705_025326
Screenshot_20210705_031935

11 Likes

Happy independence day to everyone in America!

:rocket: :us:

12 Likes

I certainly donā€™t miss it, thatā€™s for sure :smiley:

And then there are some of us that over-compensate, and use it a LOT. :grin: What with system monitoring, weather tracking (with multi time zones), todo lists scrolling, reminders of game and race schedules to watch, regular and AUR updates pending (scrolling) and audio track/album art displayā€¦

6 Likes

I still use conky. Sometimes 3-4 instances but right now just the one. Just a display of the current album and details.

2021-07-05-@17-32-49-scrot

13 Likes

Having fun with sway. Next up is river (maybe after qtile iā€™ll try to make a community edition of it too :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

9 Likes

who needs Windows 11? I use EndeavourOS btw!

16 Likes