Share Your Desktop

Nice to see you here @Mr_Ecks Looks great.

3 Likes

Были проблемы при переходе на чистый арч?

Would the transition from EneavourOS beta to the final build be unproblematic? I have a basic, uncustomized Manjaro installation. Before I put any time in it, I’d love to get EndeavourOS, but I don’t know if I should wait for the approaching release.

1 Like

Ровным счётом никаких. Несколько программ пришлось переустановить (Pamac в том числе) и поправить несколько файлов для отображения логотипа именно Arch (хотя можно было и не делать этого).
Но лучше продолжать общение в русскоязычной ветке форума.

P.S. It is not correct to answer in russian in the general forum thread. So I invited the opponent to communicate in russian-speaking branch.

3 Likes

@tpax The improvements we have behind the scenes are already huge steps from the current beta. I will never claim it will be unproblematic (no release is) but from what current members already did with the beta release, the stable release is going to be steady to work with.

2 Likes

@tpax https://forum.endeavouros.com/c/endeavouros-united/russian

1 Like

Best I can tell, XFCE 4.14pre2 is now the standard Arch install. It’s quite stable.gscreenshot_2019-07-04-181017

1 Like

hah, what do you know, after all that struggle, it made it by itself into the repo :slight_smile: i was trying to upgrade about a month ago.
I didn’t even realize I’ve updated to it in the meanwhile:D

My Desktop

Screenshot_Edevour

17 Likes

Xfce beta is usually more stable than Plasma stable. :wink:

1 Like

Bildschirmfoto_2019-07-05_10-49-49
My Openbox setup.

7 Likes

Ironically the forced rewrite of XFCE to meet GTK3 specs has been very good for XFCE.

1 Like

No wonder :smirk: For 4 years, this DE was stable like a rock, and with a highly configurable plasma there were minor problems. And what comes with version 4.14 is a fresh breath in XFCE; its stable version is slowly coming. I use cinnamon on a daily basis, but I’m curious myself, I will test it soon. I am not surprised that Endeavour developers have reached for this environment.

Somebody (don’t remember who) liked Xfce beta to merely be made from concrete than bedrock.
While the critics have a point that the development is too slow, I do think Plasma specifically is pushing the envelope the other way; they are going too fast for their own good.

Greetings from Brasil, made installation from the ISO image beta2 and so far everything works fine.
Sorry but i’m gnome-shell user.Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202019-07-06%2021-13-49
Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202019-07-06%2021-13-19

11 Likes

Welcome from Canada! :canada: :basketball_man: Go Raptors!

Screenshot_2019-07-07_20-28-07

8 Likes

I have a pure Arch Linux Mate setup. I have been playing around with different lightdm-slick-greeter screens on it for EndeavourOS. The first one I stole a background from Joe on github
Sailing
Does anyone know how to relocate the log-in box. It would look better if it was just below the sail boat.
Then another I came up with.

blue-mystic

11 Likes

Here is the desktop for the above Arch Linux Mate. Very simple, but that is what Mate is supposed to be.

6 Likes

It’s pretty simple to change with lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings.

Plasma5, still Antergos based.
Screenshot_20190708_101549

@Jeannie Nice to see you here!

1 Like