Severe Unauthenticated RCE Flaw (CVSS 9.9) in GNU/Linux Systems Awaiting Full Disclosure

6 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.
Not a lot of info available yet, unfortunately (or fortunately perhaps).
Let us see how this one plays out.

2 Likes
4 Likes

He’s actually quite moderate. Gnome does ban folks for even mentioning him though. Many projects claim to be “no politics” and then only remove what isn’t “their view”. We could use a lot more folks like him in the world, especially in the news. Lots of great videos out there, and he does a great job with most of his stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah… Not sure considering he seems to hate vaccines and seems to be far-right. I won’t go in the politics, though, since it ain’t really my business.

6 Likes

I doubt he hates all vaccines. I seriously doubt he’s against the tetanus shot for instance. You’re likely talking about the one that a huge percentage of people disagreed on the last few years.

If you think he’s far right, you may just want to consider your own viewing angle. :wink: By all definitions he definitely isn’t.

1 Like

Not sure…

1 Like

He’s being doing them for years and had some pretty solid arguments. And some humor baked in. You can’t be all serious all the time. Linux especially is about having fun! That’s what literally made this place great was all the fun that went into building it!

3 Likes

Expect the video is about Lunduke and his wildly weird political statements that he injects just about everywhere. I don’t have a problem with people leaning on the right. I have a problem with people that lean so on the right, they become conspiracy theorists and criticize things that simply shouldn’t really happen. I have a problem that lean so on the left, they begin glazing Musk and other such individuals like Gods, too.

1 Like

I will end this here, because I know it will get messy and I don’t want to talk about US politics when:

1. I don’t live there;
  2. It seems to be treated more like a football match by Americans than anything else;
  3. This is so far off-topic, it doesn’t matter. It’s why I deleted my original post asking about him.
1 Like

:skull:

https://forum.endeavouros.com/faq#be-civil

Let’s try to keep the discussion focused on the vulnerability. It’s fine to post links to relevant videos and share your opinions on the content, but please make an effort to keep the politics out of it.

3 Likes
systemctl status cups-browsed

If for any reason you have cups-browsed enabled, disable it now.

4 Likes

Oh well.

In light of the fact that this is an interesting and still-developing topic, and the first part of the disclosure was just published, I have agreed to reopen the discussion.

Please be aware that pointless political bickering is prohibited. Politics have proven time and time again to be way too polarizing for our community. We try to take a hard stance against political discussion in general because the discussions are typically unproductive, and frequently devolve into insults and fighting.

Any comments attempting to revive the political discussion will be flagged or deleted in an effort to keep the thread on-topic. If the thread becomes a chore for the mod team we will just close it back down.

4 Likes

Unit cups-browsed.service could not be found.

:partying_face:

3 Likes

For anyone interested, you can find the disclosure write-up (quite humorous, may I note) here:

Most of the github issues referenced in it appear to not be accessible (yet?) but I think it still paints the picture.

As @r0ckhopper already suggested, make sure to disable CUPS service!

3 Likes

Red Hat’s repsonse is here:

4 Likes