Settings don't work

I just installed Budgie 3.5 minutes no issues! :wink:

could remove panel/bar ,then put new one. applet ( or what they call ? ) can random stop

EDit … just idea

Same here:

(gnome-control-center:33411): cc-wwan-panel-WARNING **: 17:24:18.757: Error connecting to ModemManager: Fehler beim Aufruf von StartServiceByName für org.freedesktop.ModemManager1: Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service not found.

(gnome-control-center:33411): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 17:24:18.778: Settings schema ‘org.gnome.shell.app-switcher’ is not installed
Trace/Breakpoint ausgelöst (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

Go to the bottom of the thread I linked to. There is a post by @Scotty_Trees with some pointers to a possible solution/workaround.

Or read through the whole thread by all means.

Good luck and welcome to EnOS’ forum!

1 Like

They work on mine and i just installed it on vm.

I just reinstalled the gnome-control-settings - now it’s working. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

I think the issue really is. . . how/why was gnome-control-settings uninstalled? Did you do that? And why?

I just spun a budgie vm if there’s some other question.

1 Like

It was installed, but I re-installed it. There seems to be a problem with the “Multitasking” inside the control panel. When I hit it, the panel will close and can’t be restarted. After this I found a solution in one of the posts to kind of reset.

I’m not really sure why re-installing would have fixed it. . . but I guess if it worked.

Maybe it was a ghost install the first time. :grin:

Hi, there is currently an issue with budgie. If you open “multitasking panel” the settings crash.

(gnome-control-center:42203): GLib-GIO-ERROR **: 09:35:24.759: Settings schema 'org.gnome.shell.app-switcher' is not installed
[1]    42203 trace trap (core dumped)  gnome-control-center

There is a patch from solus dev here Not sure how or when it will be implemented. Till then don’t touch that option on budgie.
if you click multitasking, that panel is remembered in control center, so the next time you try to open it, settings won’t open. Reset this option by

gsettings reset org.gnome.ControlCenter last-panel
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.