Screenshot program problem with imgur

Yes, now that you mean to say “not everything works in the os, and not everything can we solve it ourself” then i know just drop it.
I thought we can solve every each issue in linux, that’s why i ask i kept asking help regarding this issue, because it bothers me. Now that i know we can’t solve it, i will just drop it. forget using global shortcut method instead.

Thanks. sometime simple advice like this saves me time… i am sometime very stubborn. when i found something bothers me, i will keep drilling it to break it… wasting my time.

Thanks

This is not a Linux os issue. It might not even be a kde plasma issue. (Desktop environments are not operating systems) you could post a bug report on the kde plasma forums. I am pretty sure though that mapping multiple key binds to the same function is a problem.

2 Likes

Use the program as intended and it works.

Not a bug.

5 Likes

@andrew_ysk
I took a look at the global shortcuts that exist on KDE after i saw your screenshot. I thought it was something you had set up but it actually exists on my install of EndeavourOS kDE Plasma. The Global shortcut for spectacle to grab a screen print of a rectangular area does work albeit differently than doing it directly from the spectacle app. It does work as far as i can tell so you must not be understanding how it works. Again i think you are expecting something different than what actually happens. You may want to look at it again and see how it works as opposed to deciding how it works before using it. I am going on the assumption you have not changed the Global shortcut function as installed.
I just used it and it works for me.

Screenshot_20201004_112647

2 Likes

Thank you for trying. I didn’t do anything spectacle and global shortcut for it. It just does not work. I have no idea. At least i know if i take a rectangular area screenshort from spectacle itself it is able to post to imgur.
Thanks for your time.

Since it is no solvable , just let it be. i am tired of it. Thanks
However, more urgently I need help with explaining this timeshift settings… so that i can do a backup before i carry on installing some packages. Would you help me with it , Pls tell me where can i post ?

You should put all of your posts in the newbie section that section sees the most traffic and will most likely get you help the fastest. :hugs:

1 Like