RPI-2.7 Install btrfs fail on genfstab

During the install I get a fail on line 125 genfstab:

In /etc/fstab and /boot/cmdline.txt changing Disk labels to UUID numbers.
./install-image-V2.7.sh: line 125: genfstab: command not found

When I check the fstab on my usb thumb drive, it has the boot partition, but none of the root/home/log partitions that were created by the installer. What do I need to do to manually create the fstab?

please install the arch-install-scripts package in the live environment where you are doing the Step 1.

sudo pacman -S arch-install-scripts

Thank you! This worked perfectly and Endeavour is now installed on my Raspberry Pi 4.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting the bug, it has been fixed in the install script on github.
Mark my post as solution if the issue is solved. It helps other users having similar issues.
Welcome to the purple side :enos: :enos_flag:

2 Likes

I am trying to install Endeavour on a different usb drive for another RPI4, but I am now getting the following:

mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2710-rpi-2-b.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2710-rpi-3-b.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2710-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2710-rpi-cm3.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2710-rpi-zero-2.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2711-rpi-400.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2711-rpi-cm4.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2837-rpi-3-a-plus.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2837-rpi-3-b.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2837-rpi-3-b-plus.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bcm2837-rpi-cm3-io3.dtb': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/bootcode.bin': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/cmdline.txt': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/config.txt': Operation not permitted
mv: failed to preserve ownership for 'MP1/fixup4cd.dat': Operation not permitted

Please open a separate post for it in arm, installation category. Your problem is unrelated to the problem faced in the OP

Edit:
Include details about the memory device you are installing it to

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.