RoRo's Question(s) of the Day

Well I gave up drinking, and someday I’m probably going to have to give up smoking. So after that I figure I’m pretty damn much done negotiating anything.

1 Like

Smokeless tobacco.

Today’s Question of the Day:

If your five-year-old self suddenly found themselves inhabiting your current body, what would your five-year-old self do first?

Freak out.

On a side note, these questions are getting weird.

1 Like

I would go to the amusement park and be there all day riding all the rides, eating cotton candy, and crash at the end of the day. :smile:

Regretting to have ever grown old.
:older_man: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :sneezing_face: :hear_with_hearing_aid:

NO we would all freak out and end up in a nuthouse together stealing each others candy and what not.

1 Like

Ask for a refund?

3 Likes

get the sweets from the upper cupboard :chocolate_bar: :lollipop: :candy: :doughnut: :cookie: :cupcake:

1 Like

When I was five, all I wanted was to grow up. Now, what would I give to be five again!

Aging really sucks, so I’m very grateful it happens gradually, so that I do not notice it from day to day, and so that I have at least a little bit of time in between for enjoying myself. I think it would be an absolute nightmare for a small child to suddenly end up an adult. To suddenly have all that energy depleted. A small child feels invincible compared to an adult. He falls down all the time and gets up as if nothing had happened. Almost any such fall would be very painful even to an adult in his prime, let alone an old man.

4 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know. I’m serious…

1 Like

Probably something really dumb, I don’t recall being too bright at 5

1 Like

That’s the point, don’t feel like I want to be dumb again :rofl:

1 Like

Today’s Question of the Day:

What are your top 5 open source software that you definitely couldn’t live without?

I could live without any software but my top 5 excluding the kernel itself are probably

• konsole
  • zsh
  • darktable
  • gcc/g++
  • python
1 Like

At this point I could live without a computer (actually contemplating that idea). But assuming the question was hyperbolic and understanding it as: “what are your top 5 open source software that are very important to your workflow”, my answer is:

1. GCC and glibc
  2. the Linux kernel (hopefully, I’ll replace it with the Hurd soon)
  3. Xorg
  4. a good terminal emulator (Konsole is the best, hands down)
  5. a good text editor (Kate is the best, hands down, Neovim is second).
2 Likes

I don’t expect to see this in my lifetime but maybe you are younger than me. :rofl:

3 Likes

I have a dream to one day play Half-Life 3 running natively on my Hurd machine with Wayland and Pipewire. :rofl:

Hope dies last.

4 Likes
  1. Docker/Portainer
  2. Wireguard/PiHole
  3. Nano
  4. Notepad++
  5. ssh
1 Like