Resolution problems

on xfce you have display settings inside the xfce4-settings-manager:
2021-03-18_11-00_1

2021-03-18_11-02

2021-03-18_11-01

1 Like

i did it all many times and a lot scripts and so called solutions , nothing works .
not one of them

on i3 EndeavourOS we have a starter line in the ~/.config/i3/config

# start a script to setup displays
# uncomment the next line, use arandr to setup displays and save the file as monitor:
exec --no-startup-id ~/.screenlayout/monitor.sh

so you need to save your settings one time from arandr:
2021-03-18_11-09
the filename needs to fit exactly indeed… so write monitor sh will be added automatic !!

1 Like

i’m years on linux but this one i can’t salve ?

ok i try it again , i let you know

It doesn’t help as we do not know what you tried. Understand your frustration…Trying to troubleshoot systematically based on the info you give here. Hopefully the solution given by @joekamprad @BONK works for you.

I have the same problem on my desktop with endeavour os KDE.

Configure your display(s) in arandr and from top menu Layout > Save as

it will create a xrandr command script in a text file for you with your settings.

Add #!/bin/sh as first line and save.

(Optional) Move script to a directory you can easily remember (i put mine on my home directory).

Set your script to run on login (for KDE search ‘autostart’ in system settings application).

Example (my script):

#!/bin/sh
xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI-A-0 --mode 1280x720 --pos 3202x0 --rotate normal --output DVI-D-0 --mode 1280x1024 --pos 1920x0 --rotate normal
xrandr --output HDMI-A-0 --set underscan on --set "underscan vborder" 40 --set "underscan hborder" 76

my two suggestions are non of these “so called solutions” they are simply the default recommended ways to set display up on XFCE4 and EndeavourOS-i3-wm .

As you do not say exactly what the outcome of using them is, i do not know how to help.

thanks , i install i3 again did arandr and save whit monitor.sh and it works fine .
So simple , but hard to find .
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Just because you was a bit confused about setup stuff on EndeavourOS i3 edition, I do update the README:

3 Likes

what you think of this ?

:grey_question: :question: :grey_question: :question: shell resolution ?
There is the lounge for stuff like this…

–closing-- // as topic is solved already.