Remove Windows Partition

At this point I don’t want to go back to windows so I want to remove the windows partition is that possible without doing a full reinstall? I don’t want to lose my customizations I am first going to verify that my iso for endeavoiros works and can boot just in case I need to reinstall my Linux if something goes wrong

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum! :partying_face:

The topic reads very interesting. You liked and were convinced by Endeavour OS :heart:

I myself have never wiped Windows. Formatting the Windows partitions from GParted should work. No need to format all NTFS partitions. Only the partition where you installed Windows should do. (this is what you call C drive)

After formatting, you will need to run grub mk config.

Edit : please make sure you have backup of all your data before doing anything. Backups are your powerup when something goes wrong.

Also, i am not sure if its possible to increase size of root partition without re-install. Someone else will have to chime in for that piece of info.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply I’ll take a look into that and ya the lack of tracking and closed source software and the helpful community I’ve seen has made me make the switch over official windows is just to bloated and Travis way to much

1 Like

You should just be able to delete the partition holding windows.

The question becomes, what do you want to do with the space. If you want to expand one of your other partitions into that space, please share the output of sudo parted -l so we can advise on how to do that.

3 Likes
1      1049kB  274MB  273MB   fat32        EFI system partition          boot, esp
 2      274MB   290MB  16.8MB               Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 3      290MB   292GB  292GB   ntfs         Basic data partition          msftdata
 5      292GB   512GB  219GB   ext4
 4      512GB   512GB  543MB   ntfs         Basic data partition          hidden, diag

So I want to remove windows and extend my endeavorus install so basically I want linux to take up the whole system and then maybe add a swap to assit with ram usage

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Great for you for ditching windoze for good! You don’t need that malware on your PC.

frog_party_72

2 Likes

It’s also possible to mount the partition somewhere, for example for games.

just did a fresh install and wiped the windows partition :slight_smile: better way reset my pc I customized it to much and I didnt like it

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.