Quick graphics question ref flickering

I just installed EndeavourOS and so far it is going well. I installed with plasma desktop. I noticed firefox and thunderbird had flickering as did other apps. I am using X11 and have an Intel 2000 graphics card (Dell Opltiplex). I went to settings then monitor and reduced the refresh from 60 to 50 and all is fine. Is this normal/okay? I am coming from many years of Ubuntu then a couple of Pop!_OS and never modified this setting even when I dabbled with KDE distros before.

I just want to be sure this is okay. It offered 2 choices 60 and 50 so I assume so.

Yes, it’s fine.

Some monitors and GPUs work better together at certain frequencies. For example, the monitor connected to my N2+ flickers when it runs at 59.88 Hz (the monitor default) but is rock solid at 59.95 Hz (which it presents as an alternative). However, the monitor is fine at 59.88 Hz when connected to my laptop. :man_shrugging:

Thank you. It seemed like it should be but I wanted to check,

I am enjoying EndeavourOS already and have gotten my NAS connected (figured out samba thanks to wiki) and even updated from command line.

Tonight on to my Lenovo laptop Y700…with Optimus. Looks easy based on wiki :slight_smile: or I will just turn off nvidia and use the intel. I don’t really game anyway, except for a couple roguelikes

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

Thanks for the welcome! I did read a fair bit through the forums before making the decision and I actually saw and read many of your posts along the way, Pudge :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the fun forum :partying_face: :tada: :balloon: