Yes, and not only for Qt stuff. Something broke in i3-gaps 4.21-1 - default_border pixel 1 and default_floating_border pixel 1 does not work any more.
Fortunately the same behaviour could be replicated with another function
I am not sure since the official i3wm documentation still states default_borders parameter as valid. I expect this is just a bug that will be fixed “soon”.
But my opinion has no weight here since I do not use default eos setup for quite some time.
The release notes made no mention about this new behaviour.
│ Release notes for i3 v4.21 │
This is i3 v4.21. This version is considered stable. All users of i3 are
strongly encouraged to upgrade.
The biggest change in this release is that you can now drag tiling windows
with your mouse (floating windows could already be dragged). For more details
on how to use this feature, please refer to the userguide:
A big thank you goes out to our core i3 developer Orestis Floros who made this
feature possible, based on previous work from Michael Forster and Tony Crisci!
│ Changes in i3 v4.21 │
• Allow dragging tiling windows with the mouse
• Add client.focused_tab_title color option
• Add support for multiple output names in the focus command,
allowing users to cycle focus between e.g. VGA1 and LVDS1 but not DVI0.
• Add a toggle option to the title_window_icon command
• i3 switched from the obsolete PCRE 8.x regular expression matching
library to the current PCRE2 10.x version.
│ Bugfixes │
• docs/ipc: document all window_type values
• docs/userguide: clarify the difference between the “workspace N” and
“workspace number N” commands
• i3bar: fix default font not being applied to bars if defined after bar block
• i3-dmenu-desktop: add backslashes for the exec command,
which fixes opening some .desktop files (e.g. electrum)
• i3-sensible-pager: sanitize LESS environment variable to remove -E or -F
• testsuite: catch i3 crashes instead of hanging on crash
• Fix logging on machines with 256 GB of RAM
• Do not replace existing IPC socket on start, to prevent clobbering
the IPC socket when running i3 within i3 (e.g. in Xepyhr, for development)
• Refuse to start without a valid IPC socket
• Fix focus when moving container between outputs with mouse warp and
• Fix endless loop with transient_for windows
• Fix wrong “failed” IPC reply on move workspace to output
• Fix WM registration selection (from WM_S_S<screen> to WM_S<screen>)
• avoid graphics artifacts when changing the layout tree by
initializing surfaces to all black
• update parent split con titles when child container swaps position with
another child container
• Fix segfault if command in bindsym is empty
• Fix segfault with explicit mode "default" key bindings
• Fix crash if config contains nested variables.
• strip trailing whitespace in bar output names
• Fix crash with long commands
• Fix changing borders by restoring BS_NORMAL _MOTIF_WM_HINTS correctly
│ Thanks! │
Thanks for testing, bugfixes, discussions and everything I forgot go out to:
André Silva, Anton Älgmyr, Baptiste Daroussin, bodea, Chris Templin, George
Rodrigues, Gergely Risko, Ingo Bürk, Jakob Haufe, Jay Ta'ala, Jeff Smith, Jonta,
Josh Soref, Kjetil Torgrim Homme, lycurgus, mariano, Michael Forster, Orestis
Floros, paperluigis, Peder Stray, rvalieris, sergio, Tony Crisci, takelley1, Uli
Schlachter, viri, zhiv-git, zhrvn
-- Michael Stapelberg, 2021-10-19