QEMU issues running mac

Hellos, I was following some online tutorials on how to run mac from QEMU, and I got it mostly working, except when I fixed the mouse issues I was having, the keyboard wouldn’t work. Here’s my start script:

qemu-system-x86_64 \
	-enable-kvm \
	-boot c \
	-m 4096 \
	-machine pc-q35-2.4 \
	-display default,show-cursor=on \
	-usb \
	-device usb-kbd \
	-device usb-tablet \
	-device isa-applesmc,osk="ourhardworkbythesewordsguardedpleasedontsteal(c)AppleComputerInc" \
	-kernel ./enoch_rev2902_boot \
	-smbios type=2 \
	-device ich9-intel-hda \
	-device hda-duplex \
	-device ide-drive,bus=ide.2,drive=MacHDD \
	-drive format=raw,id=MacHDD,if=none,file=./osx \
	-cpu Penryn,vendor=GenuineIntel \
	-smp 4,cores=2 \
	-netdev user,id=lo1 -device e1000-82545em,netdev=lo1,id=vnet0 \
	-device ide-drive,bus=ide.0,drive=MacDVD \
	-drive id=MacDVD,if=none,snapshot=on,file=./macOS_High_Sierra_10_13_1_Official.iso \
        -monitor stdio \

If anyone could help me figure this out that would be greatly appreciated :smiley:
EDIT: oh and also, any usb-host arguments fail at boot

(qemu) qemu-system-x86_64: warning: Unknown firmware file in legacy mode: genroms/multiboot.bin
qemu-system-x86_64: -device usb-host,hostbus=003,hostaddr=9: failed to open host usb device 3:9

EDIT2: And the keyboard works in the BIOS, but not in the MacOS live environment.

Are you running this on Mac hardware? If not then you’re in breach of the EULA.

Looks like you’re using this in breach of the EULA. Therefore, not sure this is the correct forum for what you’re doing. Maybe try one of the Hackintosh forums?

1 Like

I’m running a hackintosh :eyes:

1 Like

I tried here because I’m running endeavour atm haha, sorry! I’ll try one of them thank you!

1 Like

Understandable.

It would be different if you were having issues running software from the repositories. :+1:

so you can see with clover for your hackintosh