Proton 5.13-1

That is very weird. I am using Proton 5.13 and it seems to be working alright for me so far. Granted the only games I have really tried with it so far have been Elder Scrolls Online, and Nier Automata. Although i have heard alot of reports like this about nothing working at all. Maybe it just reacts to people’s setups differently?

1 Like

I don’t know…should be more or less the same, what’s your setup?

btw, surfing through issues on proton - it looks like they’re very well aware of the problems and soon should update it :woozy_face:

Well that’s promising atleast, hopefully a fix for you guys should incoming soon. As for my setup, I don’t really have anything special. GeForce 1050ti, i5-8400, 16gb of ram, and I am running EndeavorOS on Kernel 5.9.1, although it was also working on 5.8 as well.

1 Like

Have you updated your steam client? I see there is a recent update with a couple proton 5.13 fixes;

Fix Proton 5.13 on systems that do not define XDG_RUNTIME_DIR (steam-runtime#284)
Fix Proton 5.13 ‘Force Exit’

1 Like

Thx, when manually checking for steam update there seems to be one, let’s see if it works :slight_smile:

Usually it auto-updates just on launch though :thinking:

Nooope, at least RDR 2 doesn’t seem to work, i’ll try something else now…

1 Like

Yes, I am fully up-to-date.

There was an update if you had steam running you got a pop-up. I have it running in the backround client wise. So far I see no reason to not add it to autostart :man_shrugging:

Dammit, no it wasn’t enough…GTA V doesn’t work also, previous Proton works :slight_smile:
Steam need to get their crap together, NOW! :rofl:

With GTA V i have error log:

wine: Call from 000000007B010E0E to unimplemented function atiadlxx.dll.ADL_Adapter_NumberOfAdapters_Get, aborting
wine: Unimplemented function atiadlxx.dll.ADL_Adapter_NumberOfAdapters_Get called at address 000000007B010E0E (thread 00d4), starting debugger...

nasty.

1 Like

Yeah, two games not working under 5.13, Mass Effect and The Witcher 3. Works using 5.0-9 though.

1 Like

Do you have ‘gtk3-nocsd’ installed on your system? I removed it from mine and was able to run The Witcher 3 with 5.13-1. There was an issue on the github page that recommenced trying this, and it worked for me.

Traced the crash to libgtk3-nocsd.so.0, which (being in LD_PRELOAD) attaches itself to every program in order to fix some issue with some GTK client side window decorations or something. I was tired of it showing up everywhere, so I uninstalled gtk3-nocsd and what do you know, proton started working again!

from GE “Get out of Wine Dependency hell”

sudo pacman -S giflib lib32-giflib libpng lib32-libpng libldap lib32-libldap gnutls lib32-gnutls mpg123 lib32-mpg123 openal lib32-openal v4l-utils lib32-v4l-utils libpulse lib32-libpulse alsa-plugins lib32-alsa-plugins alsa-lib lib32-alsa-lib libjpeg-turbo lib32-libjpeg-turbo libxcomposite lib32-libxcomposite libxinerama lib32-libxinerama ncurses lib32-ncurses opencl-icd-loader lib32-opencl-icd-loader libxslt lib32-libxslt libva lib32-libva gtk3 lib32-gtk3 gst-plugins-base-libs lib32-gst-plugins-base-libs vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader cups samba dosbox

and for AMD GPUs make sure to have

sudo pacman -S lib32-mesa vulkan-radeon lib32-vulkan-radeon vulkan-icd-loader lib32-vulkan-icd-loader

also do not us steam native, it likes to break things

also having these is a good idea

sudo pacman -S wine-staging winetricks

use steam beta client as it fixes some issues with 5.13 with certain files needed not auto downloading. If a game doesnt work with 5.13 try an older proton, some games dont like newer ones. Also give https://github.com/GloriousEggroll/proton-ge-custom/releases a go

1 Like