Profile icon in XFCE desktop

Hi there,

after installing Endeavour OS I have a question concerning the profile picture in XFCE. As far as I know by clicking on the default icon there is a choice between a number of profile pictures. This is not working here. Am I missing something here.

Thanks in advance,

Christoph

I think you have to go into settings, lightdm-gtk-greeter settings and select a profile picture by browsing to a folder or location of the file you want to use. It’s under user image, default user image.

Thanks for your quick answer. I guess I found another solution by installing mugshot from the AUR or simply creating the .face in the home directory. Is this correct?

Thanks again in advance,

Christoph

1 Like

I’m not sure if t is correct or not? I guess if it works. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes it works. Ahhh…is it ok to mark my own post as solution :thinking:?!?

Yes, that is very helpful.

1 Like

Don’t mean to revive this thread, but how can one actually change the profile picture in xfce eos. I do not see the lightdm-greeter in system settings and think it has been replaced by something else in eos atlantis iso release.

When I click the whisker on the user image, it does not allow to load an image but just says failed to edit profile, failed to execute child process mugshot. But I am not keen on installing a AUR mugshot package for my user profile settings.

Yes, lightdm-gtk-greeter-settings is replaced by lightdm-slick-greeter, the configuration file is in /etc/lightdm/slick-greeter.conf, where you can change lockscreen background, there is no option for change profile picture, but i guess you can added the same line like the previous lightdm-greeter-settings.conf.
If you want to revert back back to the lightdm-greeter, you will have to change the lightdm.conf in the [Seat:*] and change “greeter-session=lightdm-slick-greeter” to lightdm-greeter-settings".
If you just remove the slick-greeter package and install lightdm-greeter instead, BLACKSCREEN at next startup and must chroot the system to rollback to normal.

All possible config options here : (don’t know if all work)

1 Like

Thanks that helps a lot! Will try there is also lightdm-settings that seems to work with slick-greeter.

1 Like