Problems with updating my os

Hi, I have a problem with my Os. When I try to update it with the commad

sudo pacman -Syu

I encounter this problem:

errore: ostree: la firma di “David Runge dvzrv@archlinux.org” ha un’affidabilità marginale
:: Il file /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ostree-2022.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst è corrotto (il pacchetto non è valido oppure è corrotto (firma PGP)).
Vuoi eliminarlo? [S/n]

That translate in English could be:

error: ostree: the signature of “David Runge dvzrv@archlinux.org” has a marginal reliability :: the file /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ostree-2022.5-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst could be corrupt (the package is not valid or it is corrupt (signature PGP)) Do you want to delete it?

I tried to answer yes and no to the same question but nothing change, How can I fix it?

1 Like

Try to update your keyrings bevor you update the system.

sudo pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring endeavouros-keyring
3 Likes

OK it woks, thanks. Could you please explain to me what happen and how I solve it?

Update as usual:

sudo pacman -Syu

or

yay

One of the key-rings was probably out of date.

2 Likes

This could happen if you haven’t updated your system for a while and the package you are installing/updating is signed with a newer key than the one in your keyring.

Update your system more regularly.

The EnOS’ UpdateInTerminal should have a mechanism in place to update the keyring before updating the other packages. This would avoid issues like this.

3 Likes

in simple words, the PGP key was updated, but the key on your system was old, so the key comparison failed. the command from earlier updated the keys, so everything worked then.

the problem can be avoided or solved in different ways. if the keyring problem occurs, then use the above command or update with the welcome app, because it(welcome App) updates the keys before the packages are updated.

1 Like

Please check the solution box under @pycrk’s post here.

:enos_flag: :wave:t5:

1 Like

You can append LC_ALL=C to get error messages in English. ie.

LC_ALL=C pacman -Syu
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.