Problems installing window buttons widget

Hello

I just made a fresh install of the OS and tried to add some widgets to the top panel . One of them was the window buttons widget. I initially did not find it in when I tried to add new widgets but after some googling , I found it in under this url:

https://www.opendesktop.org/p/2151931

under the details, I found it stating that I need to install some libraries for it to work using the following command:

cd && sudo ./.local/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.windowbuttons/lib-install.sh

but when I put it in the terminal and run it I get errors command not found.
also, if I just add the widget it shows a tiny icon and when I click on it I get an error:

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.windowbuttons/contents/ui/main.qml:23:1: module "org.kde.appletdecoration" is not installed

any help how to make it work?

Thanks

Are you on Plasma 6? Then its the right location local/share/plasma/plasmoids/

Go on the edit mode in your panel and add plasmoids . You must be able to add them to the panel

Alternatively you can go on edit mode on your panel and add plasmoids -> get new plasmoids`

EDIT: You dont need to start them from the terminal

Yes I am on Plasma 6. I tried add widgets from the store but still , after installation and adding it to the panel, it shows the above mentioned error after clicking on it

It looks like this widget has some problems with plasma6. Try installing this one. it is similar and it works. Definitely for me :wink:

Thanks for your reply. I tried the first one. It works however, the window buttons are visible as disabled when there is no opened window (like I am just on the desktop). I did not find a way to completely hide them when there is no active task. Also, isn’t there a way to fix the original one I tried to use?

Thanks for your effort

1 Like

For that you have to ask the developer.

I dont know how exactly that should works. I have tried it some weeks ago and have found it to be good. I didn’t go into full detail about the settings.

What I can tell you is that I added the global menu widget next to the window buttons widget so that the buttons and the menu were always visible in the panel