Problem with Sticky Notes (and ToDo List) plasmoids: "org.kde.plasma.private.notes" is not installed

After I installed yay plasma5-applets-todolist, I could not get it to work, because the plasmoid reported the following error:

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/com.github.zren.todolist/contents/ui/main.qml:9:2: Type NoteItem unavailable

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/com.github.zren.todolist/contents/ui/NoteItem.qml:3:1: module "org.kde.plasma.private.notes" is not installed

Since it says it relies on the Sticky Notes plasmoid, to fix it, I went and did yay plasma-meta. This did pull in the Sticky Notes plasmoid too, but the issue with the ToDo List plasmoid persisted …what’s more even the Sticky Notes plasmoid shows the following error:

file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notes/contents/ui/main.qml:27:1: module "org.kde.plasma.private.notes" is not installed

This is a fresh install (as of last week) and I have not messed around too much yet. (I did manage to remove my normal user from all groups, but this should be fixed now, and does not sound relevant really.)

I think its because you don’t have the package plasma-widgets-addons.

1 Like

Could be, but yay does not find it:

~ >
yay --sync --search plasma-widgets-addons

~ >
yay plasma-widgets-addons

~ >

… and neither is it here:
https://archlinux.org/packages/?sort=&q=plasma-widgets-addons&maintainer=&flagged=

:person_shrugging:

You right its on ubuntu :sweat_smile: Its kdeplasma-addons and since its require by plasma-meta, you already have it.

Its strange because its in this package, the plasmoid is in it, i can see it on the link above and on the kde repo.

After testing, can’t make it to work :frowning: Maybe open a issue on is github, Zren is a good guys, pretty sure he will know how to fix this.

Edit: Cloning the repo and running the install script seem to make it work on my end.

1 Like

The package you should need is
https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/kdeplasma-addons/

This is what I normally install and don’t need to install any extra to get it working.

I sometimes get errors when I install the ditto menu, to solve it normally a reboot works

2 Likes

Logging out and back in (after installing kdeplasma-addons through plasma-meta) helped, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.