Problem with intel i915

Hi I had problem with intel graphics sometimes it’s gets a littel bit freeze when i maximize or minimize a window i check the system mesa is enabled and i use plasma desktop down log show up when i do that

i915 0000:00:02.0: [drm] ERROR Atomic update failure on pipe B (start=384124 end=384125) time 179 us, min 894, max 899, scanline start 889, end 900

kwin_libinput: Libinput: event8 - Genius Optical Mouse: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 27ms, your system is too slow

my system spec:
intel i7 6500u with hd 520
and nvidia 940mx

anyone?!!

You could try the following kernel parameter.

intel_idle.max_cstate=1

Edit:
intel_idle.max_cstate=1 prevents the CPU from dropping into a sleep state when idle

1 Like

thanks now it’s happened less than before. may i ask you what you mean about “prevents the CPU from dropping into a sleep state” I didn’t know that cpu can sleep i think only hard drive can do that

and i have another question what about this log i mention that before on top

kwin_libinput: Libinput: event8 - Genius Optical Mouse: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 27ms, your system is too slow

that’s my mouse it’s not my mouse problem it’s happened with my touchpad too

You could also use a kernel parameter for usb auto suspend to turn it off or change it’s delay to auto suspend… Not sure whether that is an issue.

To turn off would be

usbcore.autosuspend=-1

To change delay

usbcore.autosuspend=5

You could try these but again I’m not sure that the error messaging is causing any problem or just reporting.

Edit: Are you using the nvidia drivers for the 940mx? This is a hybrid laptop.

Hi thanks for your answer. i tried both of them it’s not work. log show up when i drag window to corner to make it maximize or minimize

Are you using the nvidia drivers for the 940mx? This is a hybrid laptop

yes it’s hybrid laptop with intel igpu and nvidia-dkms 550.78 proprietary driver