Problem updating AUR

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting the following error when I run ‘yay -Syu’.
I am not clear on what the error is due to. Is the psc-package using an outdated signature for the linux64 file? Any help to fix it is appreciated.

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community is up to date
multilib is up to date
endeavouros 11.6 KiB 1928 KiB/s 00:00 [--------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
there is nothing to do
:: Searching databases for updates…
:: Searching AUR for updates…
-> Missing AUR Packages: python-sip-pyqt5
-> Orphaned AUR Packages: nerd-fonts-complete
-> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages: ncurses5-compat-libs nerd-fonts-complete python-plotly
:: 1 Packages to upgrade.
1 aur/psc-package 0.5.1-1 -> 0.6.2-1
==> Packages to exclude: (eg: “1 2 3”, “1-3”, “^4” or repo name)
==>
:: Checking for conflicts…
:: Checking for inner conflicts…
[Aur: 1] psc-package-0.6.2-1

1 psc-package (Installed) (Build Files Exist)
==> Packages to cleanBuild?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==>
:: PKGBUILD up to date, Skipping (1/1): psc-package
1 psc-package (Installed) (Build Files Exist)
==> Diffs to show?
==> [N]one [A]ll [Ab]ort [I]nstalled [No]tInstalled or (1 2 3, 1-3, ^4)
==>
:: Parsing SRCINFO (1/1): psc-package
==> Making package: psc-package 0.6.2-1 (Thu 19 Mar 2020 10:34:27 PM EDT)
==> Retrieving sources…
-> Found linux64.tar.gz
==> Validating source files with sha1sums…
linux64.tar.gz … FAILED
==> ERROR: One or more files did not pass the validity check!
Error downloading sources: psc-package

I guess that this must be the case. You may circumvent this by using --mflags --skipinteg in yay. But you should be extra careful. If a sha1sums check fails there may be something wrong in this package.

@Bryanpwo or @joekamprad or some other mod: Could you move this to “General System”?

1 Like

Sorry to have posted in the wrong forum.

I uninstalled psc-package and ran ‘yay -Syu’ again. There are some packages flagged as missing or out of date. I tried reinstalling python-plotly, for example, but I still get the same message. Is there a way to fix this issue? Thanks.

-> Missing AUR Packages: python-sip-pyqt5
-> Orphaned AUR Packages: nerd-fonts-complete
-> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages: ncurses5-compat-libs nerd-fonts-complete python-plotly

Seems that those packages are not very well maintained. This is sometimes the case with AUR packages. You can (and maybe should) file a report to the appropriate AUR package page at aur.archlinux.org.

That’s why, as a general rule, a good thing to do is to remove as many AUR packages as possible.

I will take a look at the PKGBUILD scripts for those packages to see if I can figure out what the issues are. Thanks.

1 Like

python-sip-pyqt5 does not exist, only python-sip-pyqt4.

question is also what for you need this AUR builds?
Topic is not clear on this.

hello, I am on the driver nvidia-390xx with each update of the kernel that bug, it is not better to pass on the version dkms, I wanted to have your opinion thank you

@joekamprad I am not clear on your question: ‘question is also what for you need this AUR builds?’ if it was addressed to me.

I use plotly for developing interactive web apps using python, and nerd-fonts-complete for a zsh prompt theme. I don’t directly need psc-package but it is probably listed as a dependency by another package as is also probably the case for python-sip-pyqt5 (for which there is no AUR package).

https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/python-pyqt5-sip/ https://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/python2-sip-pyqt5/ https://www.reddit.com/r/archlinux/comments/ee5dnh/yay_reports_missing_aur_packages/

Thanks for the links. yay picks up ‘python-sip-pyqt5’ as a missing package, probably from an incorrect package dependency. ‘python-pyqt5-sip’ is in the Arch repos.

to get to the source of your issue we need to know what package do you use, so we can start searching for the issue :wink:

you can see what is wrong here at the comments:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-plotly/

it is Flagged out-of-date (2020-03-12)