Prime-run not working with Songs of Conquest

I just bought a copy of Songs of Conquest on GOG and got it installed and running fine with Lutris. However, I can’t seem to make it run on my laptop’s NVIDIA GPU (I can manually run the .exe through the terminal and it uses the NVIDIA GPU). I’m using lutris-fshack-7.2-x86_64 for my Wine. Under system options I have prime-run as the command prefix, and Enable Feral GameMode and Enable NVIDIA Prime Render Offload are enabled.

I’ve tested this exact Lutris setup with other games, and nvtop shows GPU usage for them, so I’m not sure where the problem lies here.

System info
inxi && inxi -G
CPU: quad core Intel Core i7-6700HQ (-MT MCP-)
speed/min/max: 3299/800/3500 MHz Kernel: 5.18.15-zen1-2-zen x86_64 Up: 2h 4m
Mem: 2418.8/7814.2 MiB (31.0%) Storage: 1.82 TiB (14.2% used) Procs: 239
Shell: Bash inxi: 3.3.20
  Device-1: Intel HD Graphics 530 driver: i915 v: kernel
  Device-2: NVIDIA GM107M [GeForce GTX 960M] driver: nvidia v: 515.57
  Device-3: Sunplus Innovation Integrated_Webcam_HD type: USB
    driver: uvcvideo
  Display: x11 server: X.Org v: 21.1.4 driver: X:
    loaded: modesetting,nvidia gpu: i915 resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: Mesa Intel HD Graphics 530 (SKL GT2) v: 4.6 Mesa 22.1.4

Do you have lib32-nvidia-utils installed? Is it the same version with nvidia-utils?

Yes, they’re both installed and both version 515.57-1. I force-reinstalled them but the problem is still persisting. Here’s part of the terminal when I launch the game from Lutris:

Terminal output
Start monitoring process.
fsync: up and running.
Mono path[0] = 'C:/GOG Games/Songs of Conquest/SongsOfConquest_Data/Managed'
Mono config path = 'C:/GOG Games/Songs of Conquest/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2020.3.24f1 (79c78de19888)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/GOG Games/Songs of Conquest/SongsOfConquest_Data/UnitySubsystems
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 (SKL GT2) (ID=0x191b)
    VRAM:     128 MB
    Driver:   1.0

Ok I think I found solution: Changing the Vulkan ICD loader to NVIDIA Proprietary seems to do the trick. The game now boots using the discrete GPU.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.