Poweroff gets stuck with "A stop job is running for ..." messages

Maybe my thread was not clear as I was the one not knowing, and asking to know.
@ricklinux pointed you to the write direction clear and simple.

As far as I know there is still an issue with Grub, The developers for some reason (it is a bit technical for me), made it necessary to reinstall/update Grub after certain system updates. Mainly the kernel I believe, maybe others. You have to do the Grub reinstall and update manually. If you did not do it you bight end up with an unbootable system.
Maybe you did not have this issue because you still did not update something that requires the Grub to be updated/reinstalled. And because you are on EXT4 then you are not having system sanpshots (BTRFS) that require doing the Grub things more frequently.

I just chose BTRFS for a few reasons:

• I can snapshot the system and boot to an earlier snapshot in case something goes wrong.
  • I believe the BTRFS technology will be the default file system.
  • Some time ago I tried BTRFS on a HDD, boot time was much faster. But I did not notice big difference on SSD currently.
    This is just what I think, may be wright, maybe wrong. and I generally tend to adopt the latest technologies.

Please try read about this issue here. I hope @dalto can help and guide much better than me.

As I have personally among many others suffered this Grub issue, I ended up creating a “hook”, which is something that does the Grub install/update… etc automatically when needed. Here Grub Hook to grub-install and grub-mkconfig? is how I made my hook, you may reaad about the Grub issue and “hooks” here in the forum.

Please take this Grub issue seriously to be sure you would not end up with an unbootable system.

As I perhaps mentioned it happened with me for a few times and it was gone on its own. I do not know why it happened and why it gone. Maybe a kernel update solved it. I am on LTS by the way as the experts here recommend it. Hopefiully we will not have it again. (luckily now we have REISUB working anyway)