Hi, I installed Openbox Community Edition and I really like it, however I’m having a strange problem, I can’t move the panel to the top, the panel keeps staying at the bottom despite it being set correctly in the tint2rc file to:
panel_position = top center horizontal
any idea why the setting doesn’t apply? obviously I restarted tint2 after the change.
Are you editing the tint2rc file manually or using tint2conf. If you edit the tint2rc file manually while tint2 is running I believe it will overwrite what you changed.
To change this, set panel_dock = 0 in ~/.config/tint2/tint2rc. Then restart tint2 using: killall tint2 && tint2 &
Change the dock position in Openbox Configuration Manger. This is seems to be the best option as it keeps the aspect of other settings. Such as window size on maximize.
This file has been truncated.
# TINT2 1 "2021-12-04" 17.0.2
tint2 - lightweight panel/taskbar
tint2 is a simple panel/taskbar made for modern X window managers.
It was specifically made for Openbox but it should also work with other window managers (GNOME, KDE, XFCE etc.).
* Panel with taskbar, system tray, clock and launcher icons;
* Easy to customize: color/transparency on fonts, icons, borders and backgrounds;
* Pager like capability: move tasks between workspaces (virtual desktops), switch between workspaces;
* Multi-monitor capability: create one panel per monitor, showing only the tasks from the current monitor;
* Customizable mouse events.
* Be unintrusive and light (in terms of memory, CPU and aesthetic);
Thank you! the change applied by the openbox configuration manager in the Dock section by setting the position to “top” did the job. Good job.
This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.