[POLL] Sports Talk - Who's playing and what are you watching?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We talk about :england: , :de: and :fr: . In the end there will be another surprise like in 2004 and an underdog like :albania: or :slovakia: will reach the final :trophy:

That’s the fascinating thing about football. :soccer:

1 Like

That’s true. Manybe :scotland: will get off to a flyer in their opening match, top their group and surge to the final :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

:soccer: news from :de: Ingolstadt have appointed the first permanent woman head coach in German men’s professional football.

1 Like

Great! Unfortunately, she is not yet in possession of the UEFA Pro license. That means a payment of 3000€ per game for Ingolstadt. I think it’s good that they accept this and give her the chance to coach a professional men’s team. What you read in the sports papers in Germany is that she definitely wants to get the UEFA Pro license. Maybe she’ll make it by the start of the season.

1 Like

My Chicago White Sox are HORRIBLE this season. With 13 straight losses, the White Sox have seen their record fall to an MLB-worst 15-47 and tied a franchise record with 13 straight losses. Chicago’s last losing streak this long was a 13-gamer in August 1924. :frowning_face:

5 Likes

That picture says it all. :joy:

3 Likes

Is there home Wrigleys Field? I know Wrigleys Field from Blues Brothers :baseball: :sunglasses:

No, that’s the Chicago Cubs,

1 Like

Test matches are completely overrated :soccer: :trophy: It will count from next week.

1 Like

You just gotta play the other Sox. . . My Dodgers are doing alright.

1 Like

Tomorrow sees the start of UEFA Euro 2024 which is being held in :de: this time :soccer:

Germany :de: play Scotland :scotland: in the first match which kicks off at 1900 UTC :soccer: The final will be held in the Olympiastadion, Berlin on 14th July :trophy:

But fear not those of you on the wrong other side of the Atlantic - the 2024 Copa América is being held in :us: and kicks off on Thursday 20th June :soccer:

The first match is between Argentina :argentina: and Canada :canada: and it kicks off at 2000 EDT (which is 0000 at the start of 21st June in UTC) :soccer: The final is at the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida at 2000 EDT July 14th (which is 0000 at the start of 15th July in UTC) :trophy:

2 Likes

Scheiße, the waiting is unbearable! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Just a few more minutes :soccer:

2 Likes

There we go! Let the fun begin!

2 Likes

The Scots should put Mel Gibson on the pitch :rofl:

2 Likes

A totally dominant first half from :de: . The :scotland: were simply stripped of their robes :soccer:

Incredibly convincing. I would never have expected this course of the game.

2 Likes

Very cunning from Scotland :fox_face: The Germans have fallen right in to their trap :hole:

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Assuming that :de: win this game, :scotland: still have 6 points to progress. See you in the final :trophy:

2 Likes

Not a good night for Scotland in München :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Wish them better luck in their coming matches.

1 Like

I’m imagining the sound of a slowly deflating bagpipe.

FWIW I think that :de: will see :fr: in the final, with :portugal: & :england: as the losing semi-finalists.

1 Like