Plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc

Morning all,
With 5.27 I’ve noticed that my desktop seems to get “corrupt” more frequently than it has in the past. This is usually fixed by restoring a backup of plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc. I believe my plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc file is likely a mess because of all the “experimentaiton” I have done in the past. I know I can delete it and rebuild my desktop, but that’s a pain. Is there any other way to clean / rebuild it other than deleting the file and starting over?

Thanks

same here. I think that this will be a bug in Plasma itself. Problem is reproducable and somteimes the system runs some days until the file was overwritten and contains not appropriate settings.

I also maintain a copy of this file and copy it back if the desktop was corrupted.

Never ever had this issue. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Well at least misery loves company. But like you said it’s very inconsistent.

I have a new-from-scratch installation and the error since the second day. Sometimes the error occurs and then 2 or 3 days not

Strange

Wow really odd, hopefully it will get fixed. What I don’t get is why it would get rewritten when nothing is changing

I just checked the permissions from 600 to 400, I know I’ll have to change them back when I want to change something but we’ll see if that at least keeps it from getting randomly corrupted

Done this also :wink:

Wait and see

I don’t change permissions. :grimacing:

Since I have done this - Plasma is working like a charme :->

2 Likes

yep me too! no issues. I did have to change it back temporarily to make a change but I changed it back and it’s working like a charm now too