Plasma 5.20 likes to sleep

So can’t find where the setting is coming from. Wasn’t happening last night, this morning after upgrading to Plasma 5.20, if I unplug my laptop, it immediately goes to sleep. There is nothing to configure in Systemsettings > Power Management for “when unplugging”, and TLP is not installed so wouldn’t be causing the issues.
I don’t THINK it’s a Plasma issue directly as my other laptop is not doing it, and my work laptop with KDE Neon which also got upgraded to 5.20 isn’t doing it, just my Latitude 7490.

I figured out something, it thinks unplugging is now closing the lid. I changed “when closing lid” from sleep to do nothing and it works normally, but no idea how to fix it so it goes back to working correctly but still sleeping when I ACTUALLY close the lid.

1 Like

There are days I hate computers.
After going through and doing a “reset defaults” in power management, reconfiguring it the way I like, then shutting down, it’s no longer doing it…

4 Likes

Just got updated, so not much digging into settings, configurations or features, yet. BUT, when I opened the “Status and Notifications Area” (in the panel), there was an option already activated at the very beginning, about that (& to also lock the screen). I simply unticked it. Hope that helps.
*** A useful feature I did took the time to install was the “plasma disks” which adds the ability to the System Info to monitor & notify if something goes wrong with them.
Cheers

1 Like

I moved this topic to the Plasma category, since it is related to the plasma update.

4 Likes