Photos you've taken

4 Likes

Cats are the faithful fallback option… :grin:

3 Likes

i could flood this thread for days with cat pictures enough to get me banned permanently. I do have enough sense though to not do that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good! :smiley_cat:

Once in a while though, they help…

2 Likes

Is your cat working for System76 on a Linux project? I spotted one there working.

tumblr_dfe29f7039d12b7feb887abb05fc45ca_49ac8808_500

Edit: https://blog.system76.com/

5 Likes

Nothing too special here.

One of my favorite photos from my trip to Hong Kong in 2011. A view of Hong Kong Island from Kowloon at night.

I had just bought a macro lens and was playing around with it. From the Nakamura House in Okinawa, Japan.

Finally leaving 29 Palms, California and the Mojave Desert after 5 years for duty in Washington DC.

4 Likes

I’m usually clicking pics with my (old) phone. I’m too lazy to apply any touch up or effects etc, so these look very average-ish. The pics here are old ones, from the locality where I earlier used to live.

:point_down: From my balcony window; after some light rain.

:point_down: This pic was supposed to be taken a few minutes before to get a more vibrant sky color. I was strolling around, and this building looked like a good spot to take picture because of those grills poking out from the terrace.

:point_down: This one from my balcony on a rainy day.

:point_down: This too from my balcony.

I also had a picture of two pigeons sleeping on a tiny window ledge, which unfortunately I’m not able find at the moment.

2 Likes

Cape Town, South Africa, Blouberg Beach

5 Likes

Is your ‘other’ name Gloria? As in slick transit, Gloria?

1 Like

Our cleaner lady’s name is actually Gloria, I’m Wiebke. Hi, nice to meet you.

Venezia, Italia

7 Likes

I’m not really a photographer, but this was the last outdoor trip I made back in late summer / early Autumn, before the 2nd big COVID wave in the US. This is the Knife Edge trail on Mount Katahdin.

10 Likes

Devil’s Tower, Wyoming. My wife and I got close enough to touch it. There’s an impressive boulder field around the base of it. We didn’t see any UFOs though. Summer 2018. LG V20 cellphone.

10 Likes

I miss the German snow :frowning:

1 Like

REEE MIIII DOOO DOOO SOL! :alien: :notes:

1 Like

Circus Lane, Edinburgh.

12 Likes

Wow. You do have some wonderful places over there :slight_smile:

I was at Edinburgh Castle with my wife and two boys back in the late 1990’s when I heard an almighty BOOM! I about came out of my skin! Scared the crap out of all of us. Turns out it was the 1 o’clock gun. They fire a howitzer into the sky every day at 1PM. To honor the Queen, I think. It was really, really loud. The castle was great, but the traffic in Edinburgh is hellish. Worse than Houston at rush hour.

Houston is a breeze - IF you have a vehicle that can be agressive! I found an 18-wheeler best… :grin:

Tho' a Suzuki 1000 wasn't bad either
2 Likes

A friend in my garden last summer.

Lives in a cactus.

4 Likes