Pcie error

Before hopping on endeavouros I used mint and on mint I had pretty much the exact error logs that I am getting now which I fixed with adding some boot commands on the boot file but as I am fairly new to arch and I don’t exactly know if its actually the same problem I don’t know how to fix it.

“pcieport 0000:00:1d.3: AER: Corrected error received: 0000:00:1d.3
Oca 10 17:59:30 erim-hppavilionnotebook kernel: pcieport 0000:00:1d.3: PCIe Bus Error: severity=Corrected, type=Physical Layer, (Receiver ID)
Oca 10 17:59:30 erim-hppavilionnotebook kernel: pcieport 0000:00:1d.3: device [8086:9d1b] error status/mask=00000001/00002000
Oca 10 17:59:30 erim-hppavilionnotebook kernel: pcieport 0000:00:1d.3: [ 0] RxErr (First)”

through journalctl I found that these lines of code seemed to repeat themselves as they did on mint so what do you guys suggest I should do?

first, you should check with lspci if you can link those errors to a device.

should be in lspci and tell you the name.
After that, you can try to search if it is a known issue and apply the fix, or find out if your hardware is having a fault.

Apparently the problem is with this specific port:
“00:1d.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 9d1b (rev f1)”
Well the from what I have seen its supposed to be a wifi device of some sorts but so far I had no problem with it so what can I do to prevent it from spamming the logs? Is there some sort of hammer I can employ in the bios config files like in mint? The one I used was pci=nommconf

You can use this kernel parameter pci=nommconf in the default grub command line in/etc/default/grub if you are using grub?

Then you update grub with sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

This kernel parameter disables memory-mapped pci configuration space. So if you are using grub you can try this and then reboot and see.

Edit: If you are using systemd boot then it will be different setup than grub.

Yeah systemd didn’t really work out on my machine so I went eith grub so can I just nano into /etc/default/grub or is there another method for arch? Also can’t I just use the command update-grub to update it afterwards? Sorry if it all sounds a bit ignorant on my part.

Welcome to the forum! :smile:

Editing that file (with elevated privileges) is the way to go. You can use other editors too, but nano is a great tool for this.

That’s doing the same thing as what @ricklinux mentioned above.
If you wish, you can write an alias into your ~/.bashrc:

alias update-grub='sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg'

source it (or logout-login again), and then command update-grub works.

We’ve all been there… life is about learning stuff. :wink:

Well after using vim with sudo and editing the boot parameter in I updated grub and the error does not show up anymore. Also as a plus my computer seems to be running much faster now. Thank you everyone for helping me. Cheers.

1 Like