Passwordless my a.. 🤡

Too much twaddle… :rofl:

2 Likes

Security can mean many things.

Privacy, reasonably, can only mean one thing: an individual or the organisation having the ability to contain information they deem private, to keep it from becoming available to potentially malicious actors. It is intimately connected to the concept of private property.

In this case, I would argue, an individual having privacy is directly in conflict with these two types of security:

• security of income for the Big Tech.
  • State Security (for those who are not aware of, the B in KGB stood for “Securty”: Committee for State Security), which in practice means “security of the political class from dissent.”

And in such cases, individual’s security is directly at odds with the two types of security mentioned above – simply because both the State and the Big Tech have the ability to hurt you if they consider you problematic.

2 Likes

So 2FA is no longer cool.

Since when it is cool? It is a source of annoyance for me.
My inbox is full with Steam Guard messages because I logged in with a new (!) computer :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:laughing: Mine too

1 Like

I use the steam app on my phone as my 2fa for steam.

Do you know if you can set it up with multiple accounts? I have 2 accounts as I had lost access to one of them and at the time I was wanting to buy a game on sale so ended up creating a second account. I sign into both and enable family sharing so I don’t have to keep switching accounts.

That I am not sure of.