Partial update help

I think I ran a partial before understanding that concept. IE - yay -Syyu instead of just -Syu also yay is mapped to -Syu by default if I am understanding correctly. Anyhow, learned something new but now I need resolve my mistake.

This comes during my updates now and I don’t know how to resolve.

error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.linux.pizza : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from fastmirror.pp.ua : Failed to connect to fastmirror.pp.ua port 443 after 2753 ms: Couldn't connect to server
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.42tm.tech : Failed to connect to ww38.mirrors.42tm.tech port 80 after 80 ms: Couldn't connect to server
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirrors.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'eos-bash-shared-24.16.2-1-any.pkg.tar.zst' from mirror.freedif.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: failed to retrieve 

Any assistance is appreciated. My system is still running fine but it errors out updates presently. I already tried clearing cache with yay -Sc. That was sadly my trump card.

I would update both arch mirrors and eos mirrrors first from the welcome screen. Then run the pacman update and see.

Edit: You just need to use yay or you can run sudo pacman -Syu

First, my issue is fixed, thanks!

Second, I ran yay previously and it was hitting same issue. I updated the mirrors from “Welcome” app, I m thinking that resolved my issue but not sure.

Would you be able to inform what CLI command Update Mirrors (Arch/EndOS) is actually running from Welcome App?

EDIT: I found this article helpful to understand what is happening. May create a systemd reflector service based on the info. Not 100% this is update EndOS repos tho. Maybe just Arch repos?

Not sure command endOS is using to update its own mirrors. Updated via welcome app, then copied same mirror list to my server I run since I have GUI disabled there.

/etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist

^^ - That plus running only yay did the trick.

Thanks

The EndeavourOS mirrorlist, file /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist, can be updated from command line:

eos-rankmirrors

It has some options which you can see with command

eos-rankmirrors --help

or

eos-apps-info
1 Like