Pamac-aur empty list on start

Greetings lovely community,

Just a quick question I was wondering if there’s been any updates to this issue with Pamac-aur not displaying anything on startup. Ideally it should show up with something like a curated applications list or something like that, however instead I’m greeted with an empty screen. I’ll post some screenshots below for reference. I currently use Pamac-aur v10.1.3-1. I don’t know if perhaps this bug was/is fixed on one of the other versions (i.e. pamac-all, pamac-classic, etc)? There was another post about this topic a year ago here: How to fix pamac-aur / pamac-aur-git empty list on start

Since that was from over a year ago, and being on a fresh install the issue is still occurring on my end. So I was wondering if there’s any recent fixes or something I could do that might have changed since that original post? I noticed when I search for “archlinux-appstream-data” I do get two results. I have archlinux-appstream-data (from Extra repo) already installed on my system. There is however another version in the AUR “archlinux-appstream-data-pamac”, which it’s description states: ‘Arch Linux application database for AppStream-based software centers (Fixed for pamac-aur and pamac-all packages)’

I’m not sure of all the possible fixes to this bug issue, but perhaps I could also install the archlinux-appstream-data-pamac file as well or would the two versions conflict each other?

I know Pamac is not the ideal program to use, I use the terminal most of the time, but I do like to use Pamac when searching for things or occasionally seeing what updates just came out. If anyone could point me in the direction of a solution I’d greatly appreciate it!
Screenshot from 2021-07-26 17-21-35
Screenshot from 2021-07-26 17-34-12
Screenshot from 2021-07-26 17-23-13

You do want to install archlinux-appstream-data-pamac for pamac.

I think it will automatically remove the other which is fine.

1 Like

It will remove the previous one providing the needed fix. I’m the creator of this PKGBUILD.

1 Like

You are very correct. I installed archlinux-appstream-data-pamac and it automatically removed the other one. Restarted Pamac-aur and now it shows up just like it should! Odd that I didn’t have the correct appstream file installed in the first place, but luckily it was a simple enough solution! So now everything looks like it should thank you for your help @dalto
Screenshot from 2021-07-26 18-04-05
Ah greetings @FredBezies thank you very much for making this available in the AUR! It would have ever so slowly bothered me to no end otherwise hehe :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here are the pamac related packages I’m keeping in life:

That’s it.

1 Like

I’d be shocked if you told me you don’t even use Pamac! But good on you for making these available for everyone that it helps, I for one am grateful for your time and efforts. Do keep up the great work :slight_smile:

@FredBezies . Hi! I’ve got a working Pamac on my main desktop which I did by modding the build files and that’s fine. My question is: I recently did a fresh install of EndeavourOS/Xfce on a laptop without Pamac. If I wish to install a working Pamac with AUR support which version should I install with no mods or the least mods to the build?

Hello.

The least modded version is either pamac-aur or pamac-aur-git. Others add flatpak and snap support.

I’m using pamac-aur-git for removing orphans easily and getting warned that new updates are available.

1 Like

So this is working now after all the breakages? I always update using the CLI but Pamac is such a useful tool to look things up. If the Manjaro dev has fixed it and released it (via you) to the AUR then it’s a great thing to have. If it’s not able to deal with current updates then I can’t use it. Apologies if I’m missing some obvious things here. I appreciate the work you put in to make this project work for everyone.

pamac should be working again now.

1 Like

I just use these two websites:

https://archlinux.org/packages/

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/

@dalto @Kresimir thank you for the replies. I shall look into it again. My patience is a bit thin at the moment. I have Covid symptoms despite having been double vaccinated before. Nothing major but feeling very rough. I will fight it. Endeavour wins! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks mate, temperature & breathing seem to be stable so I’m sitting it out & hope to be better soon. Rock on! :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.