Pacman / yay update issues

I’m having issues updating multiple systems. I’m assuming there’s an issue somewhere but not really sure where to file a bug, or look for an update.

When running the “yay” command on multiple systems I’m getting:

:: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros            16.1 KiB  20.5 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------] 100%
 core                  122.1 KiB   261 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
 extra                   7.8 MiB  3.79 MiB/s 00:02 [----------------------] 100%
 multilib              140.5 KiB   293 KiB/s 00:00 [----------------------] 100%
:: Searching AUR for updates...
:: Searching databases for updates...
 -> 1 error occurred:
	* AUR is unavailable at this moment

And trying a “sudo pacman -Syu” I’m getting…

: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...

warning: insufficient columns available for table display

I’ve updated mirrors for endeavouros and for arch. I’m pretty sure there’s an arch issue going on.

Any insight?

1 Like

Literally having the same issue, and I was the first time had to do a rebuild because I checked with rebuild-detector of what needs to be rebuilt via checkrebuild, because I got a python-packaging update, and turned out octopi needs a rebuild.

I ran yay --rebuild octopi, and boom, right in the middle of rebuild, AUR is unavailable.

I though for a second, I screwed up something, but its good to know I’m not the only one then. Phew…

1 Like

Just checked on my end. Same thing. Servers down or something???

[wombat@eoscinnamon ~]$ yay
[sudo] password for wombat: 
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 endeavouros is up to date
 core is up to date
 extra                             7.8 MiB  17.2 MiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------------] 100%
 multilib                        140.5 KiB   692 KiB/s 00:00 [---------------------------------] 100%
:: Searching AUR for updates...
:: Searching databases for updates...
 -> 1 error occurred:
	* AUR is unavailable at this moment

[wombat@eoscinnamon ~]$ 

quite a few of these in Search function. seems normal. maintenance or a new yay. in the instances I read, it’s all temporary and most certainly known by the devs.

Seems to be working again. At least it does on my end.

Could have been momentarily down.

1 Like

Confirmed on my end.

2 Likes

working for me too now

1 Like

All good here. :+1:

1 Like

For this, it should just mean that your terminal window isn’t wide enough. This, I think, is based on the size of your terminal font.

Try making your terminal wider either when updating or by default. You may do so by either resizing the window each time or by going into the settings and setting a new default window size.

I’m using xfce4-terminal, so it may look different for you. For terminals like alacritty, you’ll have to edit the config file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.