I may have been too hasty (sorry), but after watching the last Destination Linux episode, I gave Open Assistant AI, an instant & quick shot…
Not a hard question, as an example, but I was surprised at the (almost) instant response (accuracy, is another issue ):
" - Give me info of EndeavourOS
- Sure! Here are some key facts about the open source operating system, Endeavour OS:
- It is a Linux distribution that was forked from Antergos in early 2023. The goal of the project is to create an easy-to-use and customizable distro based on Arch Linux.
- It uses the Calamares installer, which allows users to install it using a graphical interface with various options such as full disk encryption or dual booting.
- Its default desktop environment is Plasma Desktop (based on KDE), but you can also choose Xfce, LXQt, Cinnamon, MATE or GNOME during installation.
- It includes many pre-installed applications like LibreOffice, Firefox, VLC media player, GIMP, Thunderbird, etc.
- There are several editions available, including Minimal, Standard, Basic, Media and Developer. Each edition comes with different sets of software installed by default and targeted at specific use cases.
- The development team behind Endeavour OS provides regular updates and security patches for its stable release branch. Users can switch between different channels/branches depending on their needs (stable, testing, unstable).
- The project has an active community forum where people share tips, troubleshoot issues, request features, report bugs, etc. Contributions are welcomed through pull requests, bug reports, translations, packaging new apps, creating artwork, etc.
- As an open source initiative, all its code, packages and documentation are freely accessible online under various licenses. Anyone can join the effort to make it better, more inclusive and diverse.
- Some popular distributions have already adopted components or ideas from this fledgling project. For instance, Manjaro incorporated Endless OS icons into its own set, while Solus reused the OSTree implementation for its future versions.
- Overall, Endeavour OS seeks to offer an user-friendly experience without sacrificing flexibility or control over one’s device. Whether you need it for work o…" (stopped there )
A bit of info from Wikipedia…
" LAION (acronym for Large-scale Artificial Intelligence Open Network) is a German non-profit which makes open-sourced artificial intelligence models and datasets. It is best known for releasing a number of large datasets of images and captions scraped from the web which have been used to train a number of high-profile text-to-image models, including Stable Diffusion and Imagen_(Google_Brain).
On April 15, 2023, LAION and contributors released to public an open source AI assistant chatbot OpenAssistant…".