On xfce, all of my files/folders appear on the left monitor (not primary)

I am using a tower computer with two monitors. The left monitor is NOT my primary monitor but the right monitor is my primary monitor.

For some reason even though I have added my right monitor to be the primary monitor/display, the files/folders all appear on the left monitor. This is how I have setted it up:

This is on any linux distro, not limited to endeavourOS.

Is there something I have to do to get the files/folders to appear on the right monitor? I mean I could technically drag the files/folders to the right monitor and it would work but any future files/folders I create will go on to the left monitor so that is why I ask this?

This is a very old xfce bug, and I don’t know if it was fixed in recent xfce versions.
I think the best place to talk and ask about it is the xfce bug tracker and forum. Have you checked them?

I tried their subreddit but all I got was bs responses, I can’t actually remember what it was as this was ages ago.

I can try their github page.

1 Like

@unix_lover , With arandr I created a similar arrangement.

xrandr --output eDP1 --primary --mode 1920x1080 --pos 1600x0 --rotate normal --output HDMI1 --mode 1600x900 --pos 0x0 --rotate normal --output VIRTUAL1 --off

Set on Desktop Settings / Icons x Show icons on primary display (if checked all new icons will be on your right/primary desktop)
Panel should be unlocked then moved to primary display and lock again
So all icons created on right/Primary display will remain there. (old ones can be dragged from left to right.)
I put into autostart the above monitor.sh
Can be retrieved from here
(Notifications Settings also can be set to appear on primary display)
Most of the problems I understood are solved.
Additional hand-out in this theme

1 Like

You can find a script in this thread :
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15530
(you’ll have to scroll down since it’s updated twice)

Xfce team moved to Gitlab, here’s the bug tracker :
https://gitlab.xfce.org/groups/xfce/-/issues

1 Like