Oh noes, the astronauts are doooooomed!

I’m really liking the space themed default wallpapers, which is why I don’t actually change it on my EOS installs. The new one is a particular delight, because I’m particularly keen on the Gemini program as it is oft overlooked in favour of Apollo and Mercury.

Therefore, let me jokingly flaunt my space nerdiness by offering my sincerest condolences to the families of these astronauts as they are forever stranded in space. Something horrible has happened! Instead of jettisoning only the instrument bay to expose the four retro rockets (the four engines with tiny nozzles in the separaed quadrants), they’ve accidentally jettisoned the retro rockets as well, thus leaving them to orbit until it naturally decays. As this can take decades, it is assured that they will run out of consumables before that happens. RIP, F’s in the chat.

And before anyone points it out - yes I know it’s the best way to do a diagram of the cross section. This was just a fun way to flaunt my space nerd cred.

Also, it can’t be the lunar Gemini, which was one of the backup plans if Apollo didn’t work out, because instrument bay would be different.

3 Likes

Thanks

The original image is described as Gemini Spacecraft - Typical Interior Arrangement and is from Project Gemini Familiarization Manual so I’m not too sure

1 Like

Did you design that wallpaper? Good job, it looks great

2 Likes

F :pensive:

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like