OBS not working even on Xorg after trying Wayland

I decided to try Sway instead of i3wm for a while, I quite liked it but because OBS and KeepassXC, two applications I deem critical wouldn’t work (error message being just segfault core dumped), I decided to go back to i3 where I have no issues, KeepassXC went back to work as expected, but OBS refuses to work even now with the following error message

Failed to create wl_display (No such file or directory)
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin “wayland” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, vnc, wayland-egl, wayland, wayland-xcomposite-egl, wayland-xcomposite-glx, xcb.
Aborted (core dumped)

Which doesn’t make sense since I’m on xorg again, I tried it on xfce as well and the same error happened. I don’t know if it’s related to the problem at all, but both on i3wm and xfce, running neofetch reports the DE as sway instead of the correct one, even after removing sway from the system and rebooting the PC.

I have tried reinstalling obs but it didn’t change anything.

Remove it’s config files - it looks like it is still trying to run under wayland.

The ones in .config or does obs create others elsewhere? Deleted these already and still the same error message.

Then no idea…

Ok, 4 months later I find the fix:

Deleting the .profile file created by the sway community installation script (It’ll be located in the home folder). After that everything is fine again.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.