Notifications in Telegram Desktop not working

In Telegram Desktop on XFCE the notifications are not working, how do I get it working ? All is enabled in the settings. Only thing that is working is the number of unread messages in the system tray icon.

Are notifications from other applications working normally? Could you try starting Telegram Desktop from the shell and see if there’s any error messages when testing or receiving a notification?

Now you say it, same for other applications, sorry for not noticing that before. So notifications are switched off then somewhere ? And how do I enable it for all applications ?

Telegram-Desktop giving these errors:

(telegram-desktop:11901): Telegram-WARNING **: 09:31:44.697: Application was built without embedded fonts, this may lead to font issues.
[ALSOFT] (EE) Failed to set real-time priority for thread: Actie is niet toegestaan (1)
error: : cannot open
qt.svg: Error while inflating gzip file: SVG format check failed

Good, then we know it’s a general problem.

Could you find out which notification service is running in your installation, and try to restart it using systemctl? Maybe the starting messages give a hint of why it is not starting. Otherwise you can look through the journal (journalctl) to look for messages from your notification service.

I am sorry, I don’t know Arch that good. How can I check which notification service is running ? And systemctl and journalctl I dont know how to use.

This might help you on, I hope:

:information_source: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Desktop_notifications

I am using XFCE, so I guess it is xfce4-notifyd, and it is installed, but I get these results, assuming I do the correct things:

systemctl restart xfce4-notifyd
Failed to restart xfce4-notifyd.service: Unit xfce4-notifyd.service not found.

journalctl -u xfce4-notifyd
– Journal begins at Sun 2021-08-29 10:57:23 CEST, ends at Tue 2021-08-31 13:44:33 CEST. –
– No entries –

Can you access the notifications settings dialog (https://docs.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-notifyd/preferences)? Does “show preview” from there work?

Yes, show preview works from there.

Oh, I feel so stupid, I just found out that certain settings were disabled. In Telegram-Desktop notifications were enabled, but for EndeavourOS group was disabled, I wasn’t aware this can be set for each group separate.

And so far I can see other applications working fine too with notifications.