Notification about plugged-in external data storage media remains missing after update Gnome 45

I didn’t notice it until today when I plugged in a USB flash drive: There was before always also a popup with the notification that a disk was inserted (I have always disabled the automatic mounting.) I do see it when I open the notifications and it is also correctly present in the file manager.

I don’t want to install an extra extension (Removable Drive Menu) because of this. This should also work without.

This extension is proposed by default with gnome installation. You have to use it to get tray icon for USB key / disk drives in the top right of the corner.

Just launch extensions and see what extensions are on by default. Here is the output of pacman -Ql gnome-shell-extensions | grep drive:

$ pacman -Ql gnome-shell-extensions | grep drive
gnome-shell-extensions /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/drive-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/
gnome-shell-extensions /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/drive-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/extension.js
gnome-shell-extensions /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/drive-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/metadata.json
gnome-shell-extensions /usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/drive-menu@gnome-shell-extensions.gcampax.github.com/stylesheet.css
1 Like

i do not think we do install any extension by default.

I can see that this extension is useful, but it must be possible without it. I would like to install as few extensions as possible. This is not Manjaro :wink: .

and that’s a good thing!

1 Like