Not getting full internet speed from wifi

ok. now gonna change the router first.

If you want to check for network congestion there are several tools. The most powerful of course being kismet But if you want something quick and a little simpler you could use:
nmcli -f "CHAN,BARS,SIGNAL,SSID" d wifi list ifname wlan0 | sort -n
or a gui tool such as
linssid or sparrow-wifi-git

I am facing the same issue. Some days ago I changed to Endeavour and since then i am experiencing reduced wi-fi speed. Pls help ! Here are my network stats

Network:
  Device-1: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 driver: iwlwifi v: kernel bus-ID: 01:00.0
    chip-ID: 8086:2723 class-ID: 0280
  IF: wlan0 state: up mac: 34:cf:f6:98:ce:11

Thank You!

Disable b - it is extreamly likely you are not using it anyway and it is just increasing noise level.
Set routerā€™s channel width to 20 MHz not 40 MHz to minimize channel overlaps.

Then you can also use tools like iwconfig to check your wifi signal quality and strength or linssid to check how many of your neighbours operate on an overlaping channels.

This is a long shot.

They should be installed as part of an EndeavourOS install. But check and make sure the following are installed

wireless-regdb 
crda

to check if installed

pacman -Q wireless-regdb crda

If they arenā€™t listed in the output, install them.

Then edit

/etc/conf.d/wireless-regdom

and uncomment your country or region by removing the leading # in that line

Reboot
Check for wireless performance

Pudge

Try adding pci=noaer as a kernel parameter, then sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and reboot.

thanks @tbg @KDen @Pudge @vlkon
I have done all this but nothing change. There is no significant overlapping with neighbour ssid.

Have you tried disabling ipv6 in your current connection in the ipv6 tab settings you can set to ignore.

ipv6 is already disabled in eos as well as in router. rtl driver is perform well with android hotspot. i think router wifi is faulty. aThe only contrast is router wifi performs well with android phones.

1 Like

Change the router setting and it works
set channel no to 11 from auto and channel width to 40Hz from 20Hz/40Hz

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.