[not a bug]endeavourOS is glitchy with chromium-based browsers and unable to unlock partition when booting in normal mode

On opera you can try.

launch opera - ‘opera --disable-seccomp-filter-sandbox’

Edit: Or

–no-sandbox

Turns out I had to disable 3D hardware acceleration

Return inxi -Fxxxza --no-host from a terminal include ALL of the output. If you do not have inxi installed install it. yay inxi
Also return sudo parted -l

@unix_lover
Another thing to try is removing Opera and reinstalling but get rid of the old config and make sure ffmpeg is the latest version.

1 Like

It turns out I had to disable hardware acceleration.

I was noticing this issue with chromium before I reformatted it but not with opera nor brave. I think brave and opera might have pushed something that does not do well with my hardware.

It also turns out RebornOS had the same issue as well and the reason why it was not glitching up.

With Manjaro, the reason it was not glitching up was cause Manjaro has an older version pushed in their repo. (they are known to keep older packages to prevent issues like this from happening).

1 Like

Lots of people have the same issue on Arch, on Arco Linux also. Also on Vivaldi and Opera and Chromium.

1 Like

That is quite unfortunate.

They probably have older glibc file and lib32-glibc also.

1 Like

Sometimes its best to not use bleeding edge technology.

If you are not sure of what you are doing with your system this is wise. On a rolling release distro such as EndeavourOS it is up to the user to know what is and is not going on with their system. It is no fault of the distribution but that of the user.

2 Likes

If you have right up to date hardware there is usually no problem. If you have older hardware there might always be some issue or another with something no matter what the distribution but of course a rolling release version that is cutting edge such as open suse tumbleweed and Arch and others may have more possibly. But i don’t really find that and i have some hardware that is 14 years old with no problem.

1 Like