No Wi-Fi Adapter Found | sudo doesn't work

I have 2 problems…
First of all for some reason my PC doesn’t want to connect to wifi, in the settings it says “No Wi-Fi Adapter Found” which has never been a problem before…

The second problem is that I for some reason am not able to use any “sudo” command. The problems started showing up at the same time and I have no idea what to do anymore

I have no problem with wiping everything from my PC since I’ve already created a backup because I was interested in creating a dual-boot with linux and windows.

Im happy for any help!

Do run a command to change permissions because you couldn’t access something?

I managed to get access to root but I still don’t have wifi

Are you able to post inxi -Na

Is it a laptop? Do you have a physical switch to turn it off and you accidentally touched? I from time to time loose my toucpad and have to turn my laptop OFF for some seconds and then cold start. May be you wifi card needs some seconds without power. Warm boot may not be enough.

Device-1: Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201
driver: iwlwifi
v: kernel
bus-ID: 0000:00:14.3
chip-ID: 8086:a0f0
class-ID: 0280

Yea, It’s a laptop.
I tried cold starting it multiple times but It just won’t do the trick

Try a different kernel.

I also have managed to get myself “connected” to the wifi but I still can’t use the wifi if you understand what I mean.

How exactly can I do that?
Im really a beginner with linux, sorry!

Can you share the output of ls -l /usr/lib/polkit-1

total 132

-rwxr-xr-x 1 steinchen steinchen 18348 10. Feb 8:28 polkit-agent-helper-1

-rwxr-xr-x 1 steinchen steinchen 112880 10. Feb 8:28 polkitd

Yeah, that is totally broken.

How about ls -l /usr/lib

The output is way too big for me to write it by hand or send pictures :sweat_smile:

Just share the first 10 lines

It look like you were having trouble accessing files so you ran a command to change the ownership of all your files. That isn’t the solution.

Your system is broken at a fundamental level. This is a rare scenario where it is broken to the point that you should reinstall.

Also, don’t run commands like that without understanding the implications of what you are doing. :sweat_smile:

Oh well :sweat_smile:
I’ve been trying to install windows and setup a dual-boot afterwards with linux but I need wifi to download something for windows

I also have an arch linux usb

What’s my best option right now?

You can boot off the Arch ISO and use that to download any other ISO and write it to a USB.

Could I also instantly download something I need for Windows?
( https://we.tl/t-axiRAW5cxX )
I don’t know if I have an Wi-Fi connection on my laptop though.