No hibernation, gdbus.error

Some minute ago I tried to let my laptop go in hibernation mode.
The screen goes black but when I wake it up I had this error:

gdbus.error:org.freedesktop.login1.sleepverbnotsupported: not enought swap space for hibernation

Now this is my parted command

Model: ATA SAMSUNG MZ7TE256 (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 256GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name                          Flags
 1      1049kB  106MB   105MB   fat32        EFI system partition          boot, esp
 2      106MB   123MB   16.8MB               Microsoft reserved partition  msftres
 3      123MB   83.9GB  83.8GB  ntfs         Basic data partition          msftdata
 4      83.9GB  256GB   172GB   ext4         root

Model:  USB DISK (scsi)
Disk /dev/sdb: 8054MB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt
Disk Flags: 

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name       Flags
 1      32.8kB  1963MB  1963MB               ISO9660    hidden
 2      1963MB  2066MB  103MB   fat16        Appended2  boot, esp
 3      2066MB  2066MB  307kB                Gap1       hidden, msftdata

I didn’t make a swap partiton, either a swap file, do I need to do something to make the hibernation work or it is a acpi problem?

thank you

For hibernation to work you need a swap device, a partition or a file. Please refer to the instructions in the ArchWiki:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Swap

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Power_management/Suspend_and_hibernate#Hibernation

It also makes a very big difference if you installed with ext4 or btrfs.

But unless you selected to have it at install, you will have to set it up manually.

I know it hasn’t been updated in years, but I have used hibernator the last few times without issue. - note that it only works with ext4

I’ve read that there is a difference between zram and zswap file, if I follow the steps to make a swap file manually as in the arch wiki will i set a zram or zswap? I’d like to work with zswap and take advantage of compression

Both zram and zswap make use of compression.

There is. Hibernator is likely not for you then.