No GRUB after Windows 10 install: how to recover?

Hey guys,

Just an update here: it’s working now!

I really don’t understand what happened, but today I got to add Windows 10 to the bootloader menu just running sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg.

Previously, I was searching about how to add manually an entry to GRUB, and saw this thread about editing /etc/grub.d/40_custom.

Well, this returned errors when updating GRUB again through grub-mkconfig. From now on I removed those entries and just ran again sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg (with os_prober enabled). It detected Windows 10 and everything ran smoothly.

I really don’t understand what happened, but I am very happy everything is working now.

And, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all IMMENSELY! You guys from EndeavourOS community are really fantastic! I can’t find enough words to express my gratitude to you all.

You always provide an amazing help, and I am really extremely happy and grateful to be part of such amazing community.

I sincerely hope to be able to repay so much kindness and help soon, by also providing help to anyone else who needs help, like me. :slight_smile:

Thanks, many thanks! :wink:

1 Like