No chance to run endeavourOS

Maybe Linux is simply testing your faithfulness to linux? :rofl:

3 Likes

I will give eos another try, but be aware of my questions.

r8168 causes issues for a fair number of users. just have that r8168 thread at hand when you install.

I will keep you posted about my progress.

Installation run smoothly and i had to uninstall r8168 again.

Thatā€™s exactly what you needed to do because your particular hardware runs on the r8169 kernel module. The r8168 is an additional package for those whose hardware wonā€™t work on r8169. So it makes it easier to uninstall the r8168 and reboot and you have a working internet. Those who need the r8168 would have difficulty downloading the package so it is included for those that have that issue. Some chips like mine work on both.

1 Like

So the installed system, after uninstalling r8168, is working as expected?

1 Like

Yes everything is tidy again.

1 Like

@manuel How hard would be adding a button to the welcome app to remove this module when needed. Itā€™s one of the most suggested solutions we have on the forum. :thinking:

1 Like

Actually it is already in welcome!
Iā€™ll check the code, there might be some problem with it if it is not shown for r8168 users.

4 Likes

Checked Welcomeā€™s code, and if a connection exists, it was not showing the button.
I changed it to show the button even when there is a connection (and 8168 hardware is present).
New version is 3.12.6-1.

1 Like

Works a peach (good!)

No internet
Screenshot from 2021-04-29 12-57-23
Fixed!
Screenshot from 2021-04-29 12-59-11

OT: odd part is only the zen and lts kernels do this. mainline works fine.

yeah had the same issue here when I compiled the TKG kernel a while back, whereas it worked fine on the normal one

Sorry, I didnā€™t really get what the pictures should show. I can see you have welcome 3.12.5-1 and it shows the r8168 button.

1 Like

Sorry the mirrors werenā€™t updated when I updated. It is the correct version now. On zen kernel I had no internet. Fired up welcome hit the button to remove r8168 rebooted and internet was fixed.

1 Like

And now you donā€™t see the r8168 button anymore?

1 Like

No the button is now gone after the reboot and updating the welcome app.

1 Like