No boot on 32bit UEFI with 64bit CPU

No worry . you no alone! Manjaro ,Endeavouros ,Arch all offer different usr xp. it up to usr work out what fit them best … ( imo )

1 Like

I don’t speak for anyone but myself on this one, by I absolutely do not want or hope to replace Manjaro for everyone. Manjaro wants to be a complete user experience to everyone, even brand new to Linux and help and know nothing which is a very far cry from the goals here.

If this turns into Manjaro, it would be a great disappointment in my eyes.

1 Like

There are way more important things the dev team will be working on for the next ISO I’m sure. A 32 bit UEFI boot isn’t one of them and that would be like going backwards. That’s not where future hardware is going. :wink:

Honestly, it is neither of those. We are a small team, we don’t have a comprehensive list of pending features. We have heard your request and will take it into consideration.

Also, even though you seem to view this as a “bug”, it is more of an incremental feature from our perspective. We would need to weigh the pros/cons of making the bootloader changes from upstream. At this point, we aren’t in a position to commit or not commit to this feature in the future.

That all being said, before this turns into another topic discussing what EOS is or isn’t, I think we should close this. As stated above, your request has been heard.

3 Likes