New Commodore 64!

I just found out the C64 is back!
I don’t know If any of you used the machine at its heyday, I did and I’m ordering one now!
Man the world is changing… Backwards!

11 Likes

Oh the new Windows 10 update. :+1:
Think your ex wife may notice the difference. :thinking:

1 Like

I had a VIC20 that was a handed down to me. I remember spending a lot of time playing Gorf, one of the few games I had for it.

That being said, I have forced myself to stop buying these retro mini-systems. While they hold a lot of nostalgia, a simple emulator usually provides a much better experience.

2 Likes

The VIC-20 was my first computer. I still have it!

2 Likes

KIM was my first computer. I still have it…as wall art.

1 Like

nice i had an c64 and a c plus4 in my youth. It was a cool time with summergames, wintergames… never forget the Datasette Commodore 1531 and the absolute big floppy c1551 :slight_smile: lot of fun playing with friends

1 Like

Did you notch your disks to turn floppies into flippies? A risky, but cost conscious move… :grin:

I didn’t know about the ‘new’ release - have to investigate a bit, I guess. I still have a C128 (D) - so effectively I have a real C64 as well. Definitely a good way to learn to program! (used to use C128 to write BASIC programs too big for C64 memory, then compile them and they would fit. I got a pretty capable BBS program out of that trick!..

1 Like

sure :love_you_gesture: i also remember that i write off games from a magazine. I mean it was the ASM in germany cool time.

I went (kinda expensively) nuts on that - I actually got a numeric keypad (plugged into the user port) so I could more easily type in those magazine games (and do spreadsheets). I also remember an MSD dual drive (easy disk copies!) and a cartridge expansion port (still have!).

Was really into it until the Amiga came around :grin:

1 Like

yeah Amiga i had 500+/600 and til 1999 an A1200 Tower :grinning:

1 Like

I jumped in with an A1000 - and the C128 started getting ignored. I kept a 1541 around to show people that the drive of a C64 was smarter than an Apple ][, though - and it sounded better too! (I loved to make it sing).

1 Like

We had Commodore 64 back in mid 80’s and after that Amiga 500 with RAM expansion from 512K to 1024K and then mid 90’s a Commodore SX386 with 100MB disk. I eventually got hold of Stacker which made it possible to hold more than twice as much data on the same disk.

At my work as a locksmith early late 80’s early 90’øs we had a 286 with 1M RAM to control a key making machine and special software to design our own keys.

3 Likes

Watched the video yesterday, it does looks amazing!

1 Like

Amiga is love! Played a lot with soundtracker many years ago. So I got into music. Creation of music then.

1 Like

Amiga will never die!

:grinning:

5 Likes