Need to disable and re-enable networking to get internet

When I boot into EndeavourOS, I cannot connect to any websites until I disable and re-enable networking. This problem started yesterday when I was checking out protonvpn. It started when I started connecting to protonvpn, it asked for my password but I interrupted the vpn connection with Ctrl-C. Now, I have deleted protonvpn but the problem remains.
By enabling and disabling networking I mean the “Enable Networking” toggle in EndeavourOS i3 NetworkManager applet. Not quite sure which services it enables/disables.

You might want to consider changing your user name. You are very confused and far from an “expert”

Why was the topic changed to lounge? I did not create this topic to chit-chat, I created this to ask for help for my problem.

1 Like

Okay, so what should I change it to? ExistingVeryConfused?
My username aside, here is some information about my networking hardware:

Network:
  Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
    driver: r8169
  Device-2: Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter driver: rtl8188ee

You need to search the forum for 8168.

Okay, searching around, this seems to be a problem with the r8168 driver, as mentioned in R8168 Trouble
One of the solutions provided is to use the r8169 driver, but I am already using this? Also, it seems reloading r8169 is not equal to the Enable Networking toggle, as only doing the latter fixes my problem.

Keep looking at some point you will stumble across a post that tells you to remove r8168.

I have not installed r8168 therefore I cannot remove it. I have already stumbled across this post. I use the r8169 driver as i mentioned before.